Dr Cecilia Oliver
Specialist Medical Practitioner - Family Medicine
- Co-Director of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine Qld (NEMQ)
- Qualifications: Doctor of Medicine (M.D., Specialist GP (FRACGP),
- Other University/College Degrees: Bachelor of Science Major in Biology (St Louis University, Philippines), Bachelor of Ministry (CHC, Qld)
- Clinical experiences/training: Residency training in hospitals. General Practice work in various clinics. Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) training and PHTLS Lecturer Training- Skills Development Centre, Brisbane.
- Speaker - Women’s Conferences, Family Education Events, and Panel Speaker at Health Q&A forums
- 2015-2017 Trained under Dr Bill Walsh, Dr Judith Bowman and Dr Albert Mensah of the Walsh Research Institute (USA) in the utility of Nutrient Therapy in the management of Mental Illness (with Biobalance, Australia)
- 2016-2017 Trained with Dr Elizabeth Mumper, and Dr Nancy O’Hara (Integrative Paediatricians from USA, specialists in Biomedical management of children with Behavioural and Learning disorders)
- Professional Membership
- Australasian College Nutritional and Environmental Medicine
- Australasian Integrative Medical Association
- Royal Australian College General Practitioners
- Biobalance Australia
- Values lifelong learning and attends seminars and conferences to keep abreast with current therapeutic management particularly in Integrative and Functional Medicine. Topics covered in recently attended seminars and conferences include: Neuroinflammation including Demenita and Cognitive decline; Mental health and resetting the Addicted Brain; Gut Microbiome; SIBO, Nutrigenomics; Cancer; Allergies and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome; Hormone health; Women’s health and Children’s Health; Autoimmune diseases; Metabolic conditions including Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Hypertension and Cardiovascular diseases, and Mitochondrial Therapy.