Nutritional, Environmental and Psychological Medicine QLD
My Brisbane based practice applies evidence based Nutritional, Environmental and Psychological Interventions to manage many chronic illnesses including:
||• Depression (Pfeiffer-Walsh trained)
|• Anxiety (Pfeiffer-Walsh trained)
||• Digestive Disorders
|• Autoimmune Conditions (inc. Rheumatoid Arthritis)
||• Nutritional Support for patients undergoing Cancer treatment
|• Biodentical Hormones
|• Chronic Fatigue
|• Chronic Infection
• Environmental Toxicity (including Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Aluminium, Nickel)
|• Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
|. Cancer support (Genostics testing)
|| • Weight Management
My philosophical approach to health care is to address the question of why you have become sick and what is required to fully restore and optimize your health. Optimal resourcing of our innate self-regulating healing system (homeostasis) will create and maintain a state of vibrant health, vitality, and well being. Integrating Nutritional and Environmental interventions with conventional Medical management of illness produces excellent outcomes.
In my opinion it is both sensible and more effective to address the underlying cause of illness rather than simply treating the symptoms of ill health (akin to adding new software to a malfunctioning computer when the problem exists in the hard drive - unless the hard drive is fixed the computer malfunctioning can be expected to continue). The intended outcome of this approach is a measurable and sustainable improvement in ones mental, emotional and physical health.
• Optimally resourcing your body's Biochemistry through a fundamental change in diet (organic, low inflammatory, hypoallergenic, and alkaline based) with specific supplementation (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and accessory nutrients), and judicial use of Herbs
• Identification and elimination of environmental toxins (Heavy Metals including Mercury and Lead, Pesticides, Chemicals etc) through oral and IV chelation/detoxification.
. Identification and elimination Chronic Infection
• Identification and avoidance or desensitisation of specific food and airborne allergies, and reactive food chemicals.
• Identification and avoidance of potentially unsafe levels of electro magnetic fields.
• Utilization of CBT, Cranio Electrical Stimulation, and Stress Management strategies (hypnosis, meditation and yoga).
• Identification and specific nutritional management of Methylation and Pyrroluric disorders and Zinc / Copper imbalances (biochemical disorders pre disposing individuals to Mental Illness).
The Scientific Evidence base for the effectiveness and safety of this integrated approach is strong. I have access to a regularly updated NEM clinical research library for patients who seek this information. Nutritional and Environmental treatments can be safely combined with orthodox Medical treatments of many serious diseases. Both quality of life and clinical outcomes can be improved.
NEMQ and New Directions Dentistry Qld (NDDQ - Dr Leigh Woodbridge) relocated to a new purpose designed Clinic in Teneriffe Brisbane in October 2011. Great care has been taken to combine an environmentally friendly Clinic with state of the art technology to support the provision of high quality Nutritional, Environmental, Psychological Medicine and Mercury Free / Mercury Safe Dental services to our patients. The new address is Suite 7 / 29 Florence St, Teneriffe, Brisbane 4005. Telephone number is unchanged (p 3831 5111) and new fax number is 3170 3910. Secure off street parking is available. We look forward to seeing you in the new clinic.
(1) NEMQ has the pleasure of announcing the addition of Jessie Hamilton a registered Clinical Naturopath/ Clinical Nutritionist to the team. Jessie brings a wealth of experience in Natural Medicine and will be assisting with Fertility Management, Childrens Health, Weight Management, Allergy Testing, and supervision of specific Detox programmes.
(2) Dr Leigh Woodbridge (Dentist) is an Holistic Dentist applying the IAOMT (International Academy Oral Medicine and Toxicology) principles for Mercury Free / Mercury Safe Dentistry. Leigh regularly attends the IAOMT conferences in USA to keep up to date with the latest advances in Holistic Dental treatments. Leigh has 33 years experience in Clinical Dentistry, has been a Clinical Tutor at University of Queensland and regularly trains with IAOMT (USA). Leigh provides Mercury Free / Mercury Safe Dental services incorporating IAOMT recommended equipment, testing procedures, and environmental protection technology. NDDQ Website (www.nddq.com.au)